Erica L. Briscoe
Erica is a civil litigator in Baty Otto Coronado’s St. Louis office. Her practice focuses on the areas of construction, complex personal injury, insurance coverage, transportation, and products liability. Erica regularly defends corporate and state entities and individuals as a property damage and personal injury attorney.
Erica has significant experience representing clients in state and federal courts and alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation. Erica’s broad background offers versatility and significant litigation experience to firm clients. She regularly defends clients in matters involving allegations of construction defect and significant property damage. As an experienced personal injury defense attorney, Erica has worked on numerous cases involving complex personal injuries and is well-versed in both the liability and damage aspects of personal injury litigation, including economic loss, and past and future medical care. In addition, she also handles matters involving premises liability, insurance coverage, and products liability defense.
Recently, Erica was on a federal court trial team for an insurance coverage dispute in which the jury returned a verdict in favor of our client. In addition, Erica has successfully drafted and argued motions for summary judgment on behalf of firm clients.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- Board of Trustees, Thomas Jefferson School
- Committee Member, Tracy Family Foundation
- Past Board Member, Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Author, “The Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption: Are its Benefits Overshadowed by its Shortcomings?”, Journal of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (2009).
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Missouri State University
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis