Jacob D. Bielenberg
Prior to joining Baty Otto Coronado Scheer in 2020, Jake served his clients from private-practice firms in Erie and Overland Park, Kansas. Jake accumulated significant experience in quasi-municipal, municipal, and state government defense, criminal defense, municipal prosecution, renewable energy and utilities project negotiation, real estate transactions, and estate planning. Jake also served as a guardian ad litem on multiple child-in-need-of-care and domestic cases. Practicing in front of district court judges on a nearly daily basis, Jake earned significant trial and other litigation experience.
While in law school, Jake served as technical editor and notes editor of the Washburn Law Journal and as an editor of Family Law Quarterly. While serving as a staff member, the Journal published his Comment: “When Heavyweights Get Thirsty, Contracts Fall to the Wayside: A Case for Common Contract Principles and Stare Decisis” [Kansas v. Nebraska, 135 S. Ct. 1042 (2015)], 55 Washburn L.J. 759 (2016). Among other law school honors, Jake was named as one of National Jurist Magazine’s 2017 Top 25 Law Students in America and graduated with Distinguished Pro Bono Honors and Dean’s Honors upon graduation.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- University of Northern Colorado (cum laude)
- Washburn University School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas Rural Water Association