Lawrence E. Nordling
Larry Nordling represents clients in matters ranging from contract negotiation to multimillion-dollar construction litigation. A skilled trial attorney whose experience spans more than 20 years, Larry has first chaired and second chaired jury trials and has litigated cases before the American Arbitration Association under both commercial rules and construction rules.
Larry has extensive experience defending complex cases arising from construction law, contract law, negligence, fire science and explosions, products liability (claims of defective design and manufacture), and professional negligence. He also has wide-ranging knowledge and experience in handling insurance coverage and litigation matters. He has successfully argued on behalf of his clients in numerous state and federal courts, often in Missouri and Kansas, at the trial and appellate levels, as well as advised clients pre-litigation regarding negotiation strategies.
Larry served on the board of directors of the Kansas Association of Defense Counsel from 2014-2017. He is a former judicial clerk and a published author and presenter.
- “State-by-State Guide to Architect, Engineer, and Contractor Licensing Handbook,” 2nd Edition, Volumes 1 and 2, Construction Law Library, Spring 2021, Fall 2021, and Spring 2022 updates. Co-author of Missouri portions.
- “Ethics and Spoliation: Avoiding Blow-Ups at Fire Scene Inspections.” Manuscript materials for Defense Research Institute Fire Science Seminar, Nov. 5-7, 2014, Scottsdale, Arizona. Co-author.
- “Do You Know What You Signed Up For? Understanding, Deciphering and Negotiating Commercial Contracts,” Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, Business Class, Sept. 3, 2014. Presenter.
- “The Duty to Warn in Product Liability Cases in Kansas - Second Edition,” State-by-State Compendium, Defense Research Institute, 2012. Co-author.
- “Ethical Considerations for Serving as Local Counsel,” Crawford County Bar Association, Nov. 16, 2011. Presenter.
- “What You Didn't Want (But Have) To Know About Your Duties Regarding ESI: Zubulake Revisited - Six Years Later,” Kansas Defense Journal, Kansas Association of Defense Counsel, Spring 2010. Author.
- “Comparative Implied Indemnity, Third-Party Practice and Settlement Considerations in the Wake of DCI Part II: The One-Action Rule,” Kansas Defense Journal, Kansas Association of Defense Counsel, Fall 2009. Co-author.
- “Comparative Implied Indemnity, Third-Party Practice and Settlement Considerations in the Wake of DCI Part I,” Kansas Defense Journal, Kansas Association of Defense Counsel, Summer 2009. Co-author.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- 2009 Graduate, International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy, Stanford Law School
- 2007 Outstanding Speaker Award, Kansas Bar Association
- Recipient, ABI Medal of Excellence
- Past Board Member, Music Theater Kansas City
- Past Board Member, Martin Luther King, Jr. Child Development Center
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Washburn University (magna cum laude)
- Washburn University School of Law (with honors)
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association