Louis A. Huber, III
Lou has practiced as a trial attorney in Kansas City for more than 40 years. He is a member of the state bars of Missouri and Kansas, the federal bars of the 8th, 9th, and 10th Circuit Courts of Appeals, and the District Courts of Western Missouri and Kansas. He has represented clients in civil litigation matters involving commercial disputes, class actions, products liability, propane and natural gas, asbestos, multi-piece tire rims, automobile accidents, construction claims, injunctions, securities law, and personal injuries (both for plaintiffs and defendants). He has tried personal injury, wrongful death, and commercial cases in Missouri, Kansas, California, Texas, Florida, Michigan, Georgia, and Louisiana and has been the lead lawyer in major cases in over 30 states. He has also represented debtors, secured and unsecured creditors and creditors’ committees in bankruptcy cases in both Missouri and Kansas.
In addition to his practice as a trial lawyer, he has been lead counsel in arbitrations and administrative law proceedings. He has handled appeals in Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, California, Michigan, and the 8th Circuit and 10th Circuit U.S. Courts of Appeals.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers® in Missouri, Thomson Reuters
- Mississippi (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- University of Kansas
- Harvard Law School
- The Missouri Bar
- DRI (formerly Defense Research Institute)