Matthew J. Elliott
Matthew is an associate in Baty Otto Coronado Scheer’s Kansas City office. He graduated from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law with an emphasis in business and entrepreneurial law. During his time at UMKC, he competed as a member of the law school’s National Moot Court Team. He also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Sarah Castle of the 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri, whom he assisted with legal analysis and writing. In addition, Matthew participated in the Regnier Venture Creation Challenge, an annual business plan and pitch competition hosted by UMKC’s Regnier Institute, where he experienced the legal and logistical steps of venture creation.
Prior to attending law school, Matthew studied engineering and played baseball at the University of Central Missouri. After graduating summa cum laude at Central Missouri, he worked for a federal management and operations contractor in Kansas City for three years while attending law school. Matthew’s background in industrial engineering technology is useful to his clients in construction litigation and business technology matters.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, Intellectual Property
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, Negotiating Mergers & Acquisitions
- Member, UMKC Law Review
- Member, UMKC National Moot Court Team
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- University of Central Missouri (summa cum laude)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division)