Michael P. Schaefer
Mike is a partner in Baty Otto Coronado Scheer’s Kansas City office. He defends clients in a broad range of civil litigation matters including commercial and business litigation, products liability, tort, and personal injury. His experience includes litigating in federal and state courts throughout the country.
Mike has vast experience defending clients in the propane and natural gas industries. He has represented propane and natural gas distributors and retailers in incident investigations, fire and explosion litigation, and carbon monoxide incidents.
Mike has successfully represented clients in litigation involving contract disputes, commercial and business matters, construction defects, food safety, tort and personal injury claims, real estate services, class actions, trade secrets, the Packers and Stockyards Act, and accounting malpractice.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- Super Lawyers® in Missouri and Kansas, Thomson Reuters
- Board Member, KCMBA Young Lawyers Section (2013-2015)
- Co-Chair, KCMBA Young Lawyers Section Special Projects Committee (2014-2015)
- Notes Editor, Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy (2004-2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- College of William and Mary
- University of Kansas School of Law
- University of Kansas School of Business
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association