Monique A. Hannam
Monique joined Baty Otto Coronado Scheer as an associate in its St. Louis office in August 2022. She represents businesses in multimillion-dollar federal and state commercial litigation. She has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous real estate litigation matters. She also has negotiated six-figure personal injury settlements. In addition to her litigation practice, Monique provides estate planning and probate services for small to large, multimillion-dollar estates.
Monique brings prior large-firm and small-firm experience to the firm. She was a litigation associate with an Am Law 100 firm in Indiana before relocating to southwest Missouri where she joined a small firm that recently saw a circuit judge appointed from its ranks. She has also held positions as associate crown counsel for the government of Jamaica, legal extern for the Office of the General Counsel at Meharry Medical College, and clerk for the Legal Aid Society of North Carolina.
Monique graduated from Vanderbilt Law School in 2015 with Order of the Coif honors. While in law school, she was an editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law and a member of the Disability Law Society. She received a bachelor of laws degree from the University of the West Indies in 2005.
When not practicing law, Monique enjoys spending time with her husband and three sons exploring the great outdoors.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- Past Board Member, Habitat for Humanity of South Barry County, Missouri
- Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law (2014-2015)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- University of the West Indies
- Vanderbilt Law School (Order of the Coif)
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers