Vincent R. McCarthy
Vince joined Baty Otto Coronado as a partner in the firm’s Kansas City office in January 2021. Prior to joining the firm, he was the managing shareholder of Schlee & McCarthy, P.C.
Vince has represented clients in natural gas and propane fire and explosion cases and claims since he began practicing law in 1987. He speaks frequently at local and national gas industry meetings. Vince also represents clients in products liability cases involving a variety of other products such as truck-mounted aerial ladders and cranes, forklifts, fertilizer mixers, and trash trucks. He has defended personal injury and death cases involving power line contacts and rail crossing collisions. He has handled insurance coverage, environmental, recovery, employment, trade secret, and other commercial litigation. In the course of a legal career spanning three and a half decades, Vince has represented clients in litigation and other matters in more than 40 states. He is rated by Martindale-Hubbell as AV Preeminent®, its highest peer rating standard.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- St. Louis University (magna cum laude)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- DRI (formerly Defense Research Institute)