J. Tanner Murphy
Tanner is an associate in Baty Otto Coronado Scheer’s Kansas City office. He began his legal career as a law clerk for the City of Saint Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office, where he assisted with in-depth analysis of case law, statutes, and other legal issues as part of the Special Victims Unit. Following this criminal prosecution experience, Tanner worked through law school in a civil litigation practice focusing on employment discrimination. After law school, Tanner worked with a general practice civil litigation firm before joining Baty Otto Coronado Scheer in 2023.
Tanner attended law school at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri in Columbia.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Mineral Area College
- University of Missouri
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association