S. Jacob Sappington
Jacob is a trial attorney in Baty Otto Coronado Scheer’s Springfield office. He concentrates his practice in the areas of tort, business, and insurance litigation. He has successfully represented a wide range of business and insurance clients in numerous trials, arbitrations, and administrative hearings and achieved favorable settlements in lawsuits in hundreds of cases. He has also achieved favorable verdicts in many trials, including cases for both plaintiffs and defendants, ranging from products liability to personal injury cases.
Jacob has extensive experience with appellate work, including prosecuting and defending appeals with issues ranging from uninsured motorist claims to future damages under Missouri law.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- Super Lawyers® in Missouri and Kansas, Thomson Reuters
- 40 Under 40, Springfield Business Journal
- Class XXIII Graduate, Leadership Springfield
- James Sutliff Legacy Award 2008, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks
- Washington (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- University of Missouri (magna cum laude)
- University of Missouri School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association