Gonzalo M. Ventura III
Gonzalo is an associate in Baty Otto Coronado Scheer’s Kansas City office. Prior to joining the firm, Gonzalo served as an in-house counsel for one of the largest financial lenders in the United States. Before moving into that role, Gonzalo served clients in private practice, practicing in Kansas City, Missouri, and Washington, D.C., where he gained extensive experience in class action and multidistrict litigation, pharmaceutical products liability, insurance coverage, employment law, and mass arbitration dispute resolution. In addition to practicing civil litigation, Gonzalo is certified under Missouri Supreme Court Rule 17 and Kansas Supreme Court Rule 907 in alternative dispute resolution.
Gonzalo obtained his law degree from Elon University School of Law with an emphasis in business law and complex litigation. During law school, he competed as a member of both the national moot court team and mock trial team. Gonzalo also worked in Elon’s Small Business & Entrepreneurship Clinic counseling local businesses on all manner of legal issues that business owners face in the day-to-day operation of their businesses. Following law school, he completed an LL.M. in litigation, mediation, and arbitration at the George Washington University Law School. While at GWU Law, Gonzalo competed as a member of the law school’s national moot court team and its international arbitration team.
Before attending law school, Gonzalo obtained certification from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) after completing a degree in advertising and marketing communications with a concentration in human resource management.
He is a member of the bars of Missouri and the District of Columbia.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- Best Oral Advocate, 2015 Appellate Advocacy Competition, Elon University School of Law
- District of Columbia
- Johnson & Wales University, College of Business (Dean’s List)
- Elon University School of Law
- George Washington University Law School, LL.M. (with Highest Honors)
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association of Missouri Mediators
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Section of Dispute Resolution and Young Lawyers Division)
- Hispanic Bar Association