Serving the Kansas City Metro, Western Missouri, and Kansas
Baty Otto Coronado has called Kansas City home since its founding in 1921. Our Kansas City office on the western edge of Missouri is situated on the historic Country Club Plaza. The firm’s largest office by number of attorneys, our practice in Kansas City encompasses more than a dozen practice areas, including corporate and commercial transactions. Civil litigation is a leading practice within this office. Through changes in name over the years as attorneys retired and others joined, businesses and individuals in the Kansas City metropolitan area have trusted the legal advice and counsel provided by Baty Otto Coronado. The firm’s presence in the Kansas City area has endured because of long-standing client relationships that go back to the firm’s start. We have endured also by developing promising legal talent from within and through lateral growth. We recently welcomed the highly qualified partners and staff of respected Kansas City firm Coronado Katz LLC to our ranks.
Among Kansas City’s Highly Regarded Law Firms
With Coronado Katz’s joinder, our Kansas City office is home to nearly 20 attorneys who are passionate about the law and achieving successful outcomes for firm clients. Our Kansas City-based attorneys serve clients throughout the United States on corporate and litigation matters across a range of industries, notably construction, insurance, manufacturing and distribution, retail and hospitality, and transportation.
Our Kansas City attorneys are recognized for their contributions to the legal profession and their community at large:
- Partners Lee Baty and Theresa Otto named “Best of the Bar” by the Kansas City Business Journal. Also named among the top 100 litigation attorneys in Kansas by the American Society of Legal Advocates.
- Lee Baty recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2014, based entirely on peer review.
- Theresa Otto selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
- Theresa Otto chairs the Kansas City, Missouri, Board of Zoning Adjustment, having done so since 1997.
- Partner Steve Coronado named among the “winningest defense lawyers” of 2010 by Missouri Lawyers Weekly and cited for “exceptional performance” by DRI in 2014.
- Partner Paul Gordon chairs KCMBA’s Governmental Liability Committee.
- Partner Patrick Hunt served as a mock trial judge at Northwest Missouri State University and at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law.
- Partner Mark Katz received a Distinguished Service Award in 2018 from the Kansas Association of Defense Counsel.
To retain legal counsel in our Kansas City office, contact us today and learn why Baty Otto Coronado has been a leading civil litigation firm in the Kansas City metro area for decades.