Our staff will contact you on receipt of your Appointment Request form.
Stephen H. Snead
Steve, a civil trial lawyer with more than 40 years’ experience, is a partner in Baty Otto Scheer’s Springfield office. He focuses his practice on mediation of civil litigation cases and matters of all kind. He is certified under Missouri Supreme Court Rule 17 in alternative dispute resolution and has served on the panel of neutrals for the Mediation and Assessment Program of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri since 2004. Steve is a Diplomate Member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, the foremost professional organization for experienced and accomplished civil and commercial mediators, by peer nomination and invitation only.
Steve can mediate either in person, virtually via Zoom, or a combination of the two, at any location of the parties’ choosing via laptop and webcam, and has an online calendar to make requesting and securing a mediation date quick and easy.
Steve earned a degree in accounting from Missouri State University before attending law school at the University of Missouri in Columbia.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers® in Missouri and Kansas, Thomson Reuters
- Board of Trustees, University of Missouri Law School Foundation
- Member, Missouri Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel, Regional Committee XV (2014-2019)
- Commissioner, Missouri Lottery Commission (2009-2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Missouri State University
- University of Missouri School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Missouri Chapter
- Association of Missouri Mediators