Our staff will contact you on receipt of your Appointment Request form.
Stephen H. Snead
Steve is a partner in Baty Otto Coronado’s Springfield office. He is an experienced civil lawyer in the areas of personal injury defense, insurance defense, and large property damage cases. He has defended local, regional, and national businesses, including trucking and transportation companies, and individuals in high-exposure, catastrophic personal injury claims. Steve also represents clients in professional liability cases involving real estate professionals, architects and engineers, lawyers, and health care professionals.
Steve has successfully defended product liability cases, commercial and business disputes, and premises liability cases. He has defended cases arising from motor vehicle accidents. He has handled other catastrophic injury claims and lawsuits involving closed head injury, as well as tried cases involving complex regional pain syndrome, paraplegia, and quadriplegia, and burn injury.
He routinely uses expert witnesses in various specialties including physicians and other medical experts, life care planners, meteorologists, architects, real estate professionals, lawyers, accident reconstruction experts, human factors experts, and valuation experts.
Steve is trained as a civil litigation mediator under Missouri Supreme Court Rule 17 and serves as a mediator for all types of civil litigation matters. He also serves on the panel of neutrals for the Mediation and Assessment Program of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
Steve earned a degree in accounting from Missouri State University before attending law school at the University of Missouri in Columbia.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers® in Missouri and Kansas, Thomson Reuters
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Missouri State University
- University of Missouri School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Springfield Claims Association
- DRI (formerly Defense Research Institute)
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Missouri Chapter
- Association of Missouri Mediators