Jennifer I. Donnelli
Jennifer is a senior counsel in Baty Otto Coronado’s Kansas City office. She has practiced as a business litigator for 23 years.
Prior to joining the firm in July 2021, Jennifer practiced for two decades with an international law firm, representing banking and commercial real estate clients in commercial litigation and regulatory disputes. She has considerable experience in matters arising from commercial lending and has resolved litigation in Missouri and Kansas cases involving RESPA, TILA, FDCPA, FCRA, and state consumer protection statutes. Jennifer has also worked on complex trust litigation and defended a managing LLC member against allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and fraud. Her more recent experience includes white collar criminal defense and related regulatory litigation.
Jennifer has practiced extensively in federal and state courts. She has second-chaired several jury trials to defense verdicts, first-chaired several bench trials, second-chaired a federal bench trial, defended putative class actions, argued before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Eighth and Tenth Circuits to confirm summary judgment rulings on behalf of her clients, and appeared before local government officials to argue her client’s interests.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- Mediator/Facilitator, The Missouri Bar Fee Dispute Resolution Program
- Super Lawyers® in Missouri and Kansas, Business Litigation 2013-2016, Thomson Reuters
- Editorial Board Member, UMKC Law Review
- Editorial Board Member, The Urban Lawyer
- Teaching Assistant, Introduction to Law, UMKC School of Law
- Volunteer, Feed Northland Kids
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- William Jewell College (magna cum laude)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association