Lee M. Baty
Lee is president of Baty Otto Coronado and a member of the firm’s three-person executive committee. In addition to these duties, he manages a full caseload. Lee counsels numerous national and regional corporate clients, insurance carriers, and individuals on all matters of law involving civil litigation, appeals, and corporate law. Lee routinely defends large-loss cases at the jury trial and appellate court levels in the areas of products liability, trucking, premises liability, construction defect, discrimination, business torts, advertising injuries, and insurance coverage.
Lee graduated from Notre Dame before attending the University of Missouri School of Law. After clerking for the Honorable Ronald Somerville on the Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, Lee joined Field, Gentry, and Benjamin, which through the years is now Baty Otto Coronado. Lee is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, as well as the Eighth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals.
Lee is a member of the Board of Directors of The Mission Project, a not-for-profit organization that enables adults in the Kansas City area with developmental disabilities to live and work on their own with individualized support. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of the American Royal Association, an organization celebrating the region’s rich agricultural heritage through competition, education, and entertainment since 1899.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- The Best Lawyers in America © 2021
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best of the Bar, Kansas City Business Journal
- Super Lawyers® in Missouri and Kansas, Thomson Reuters
- Board of Directors, The Mission Project
- Past Member of Board of Directors, American Royal Association
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Missouri School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- DRI (formerly Defense Research Institute)