Elizabeth A. Murray
Elizabeth’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and business law, complex personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, and insurance coverage litigation. She also practices as a nursing home and medical malpractice attorney. Elizabeth has experience representing clients in state and federal courts.
Since joining Baty Otto Coronado’s Kansas City office in 2014, Elizabeth has been intricately involved in the defense of clients with a significant transportation component to their businesses as well as class action litigation. She has also represented a firm client in multidistrict litigation as a personal injury attorney with claims made by former professional athletes. In addition, Elizabeth has worked on numerous other cases involving significant personal injuries and is well-versed in both the medical and damage aspects of personal injury litigation and wrongful death cases. She has also worked on numerous matters involving construction defect litigation, insurance coverage law, and workers’ compensation defense.
Elizabeth’s broad background in litigation offers versatility and significant trial experience to firm clients. She has represented clients in matters involving business disputes, securities litigation, defense of financial institutions, and free speech law. As a state and federal prosecutor, Elizabeth has presented cases to grand juries, delivered oral arguments in front of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and participated in several jury trials in Missouri circuit courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
During her undergraduate studies, Elizabeth was a congressional intern for U.S. Congressman Roy Blunt. In law school, Elizabeth worked as an extern for the Honorable Robert C. Broomfield, U.S. District Court Judge for the District of Arizona. She also served as a staff member of The Urban Lawyer, an ABA law journal, and as a constitutional law structured study group leader. During the 2012 national elections, Elizabeth participated as an election attorney in a contested congressional election.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- Co-Chair, Outreach Committee, Federal Courts Advocates Section, KCMBA
- Dillingham Public Service Award
- The Urban Lawyer Award
- Graduate, MODL Trial Academy
- Arizona (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- University of Missouri-Kansas City
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- The Missouri Bar, Women in the Profession Committee
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Federal Practice Committee
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- DRI (formerly Defense Research Institute)