Kenneth A. Sprenger
Kenneth (Kenny) Sprenger helps companies and individuals resolve civil lawsuits and claims brought against them. Insurance carriers and corporate and individual clients in various industries including trucking and transportation, hospitality, retail, medical, and manufacturing, among others, know Kenny will work diligently and creatively to assess, defend, and resolve their claims.
Over 17 years as a trial attorney, Kenny has learned that paramount to representing his clients and resolving cases is early identification of key liability and damages issues. Clients trust him to advise them as to which claims can and should be settled early. At the same time, they know Kenny is ready, willing, and able to advocate zealously for them through trial and appeal. In 2015, Kenny was part of a team that obtained the largest defense verdict in Missouri, following a 3-week trial.
Outside his practice of law, Kenny enjoys his family and involvement in the Springfield community. He has served in leadership positions with several community organizations whose efforts benefit family and children through sports and other activities.
AWARDS & SERVICE
- Largest Defense Verdict in Missouri in 2015, Missouri Lawyers Weekly
- Author, “Pass the Discretion Please-the Supreme Court Defers to State Legislatures in Interpreting What is Left of the Eighth Amendment’s Proportionality Principle,” Arkansas Law Review, 2005
- 2006 Adjunct Faculty, Drury University
- Past Vice President, Springfield Area Baseball Association
- Advisory Board Member, Lutheran Family & Children’s Services (2016-2019)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters (2005-2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Harding University
- Downing College, University of Cambridge, Summer Law Session
- University of Arkansas School of Law (cum laude)
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association